Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Resolutions

Friday evening I will be submitting two resolutions to the Republican Tarrant County Senatorial District 10 Convention Resolutions Committee. The first resolution is in support of the right to concealed carry by licensed individuals on college campuses, and the second concerns an individuals right to keep their firearm locked in a vehicle on their employers' parking lot.

Wish me luck.

If you can think of information I may need in the event of debate, go ahead and share it in the comments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought I would leave my situation as something you may be able to use in the debate.

I live in an apartment complex (not a dorm) owned by the University of Texas. The management says that since it is owned by UT it is considered university premises and thus possession of firearms in an apartment I rent is illegal. Under the law I can have a firearm in my car but not in my apartment to protect my family.

If what they tell me is correct then it is also illegal to have a kitchen knife, a bat, or any other "illegal" weapon inside my apartment.

By allowing students with concealed carry permits to carry onto university premises you would get rid of the inconsistent laws that allows people to have firearms on their premise under their own control, but not on the premise of the university.

Good luck and thank you. You are the voice for thousands of students and employees of Texas universities.

Anonymous said...

Good luck, JR. Kick ass and take down some initials!

John R said...

author: That is a good point, and one I can use. Thank you.

Fire: Initials? I'm going for names :)