Saturday, May 24, 2008

Nano-Mortar, A First Look

Awhile back, Steve of The Firearm Blog posted "Smallest black powder artillery ever made". That post has images and video of miniature mortars, cannons and gonnes. After seeing that, I knew I had to get into the miniature arms race. For my first effort I used the provided plans.

Here is the Nano-Mortar:


1" long and 0.710" high.



Can't wait to get my hands on some black powder and give this a spark. I wonder if there is a special license for concealed carry mortars?

3 comments:

Fits said...

Wow thats really cool.

Anonymous said...

What kind of ignition system does it use?

Anonymous said...

In Florida you can conceal pretty much anything, but there might be an issue with it being an unrifled bore. Might make it illegal to begin with. :)