Sunday, February 04, 2007

2007 Lone Star Friends of NRA Banquet

This years Lone Star Friends of NRA Banquet appeared to be a success. I would guess that there were somewhere in the neighborhood of 250 people in attendance and a lot of money exchanged hands during the raffles and auctions. As far as the raffles go, I was skunked once again, but we had a blast anyway.


Sponsor Package and Raffle Tickets


My brother-in-law flew in from Arkansas and came with us to the banquet. We sat with some folks off of the Texas CHL Forum and enjoyed a very good Bar-B-Que dinner.

One of the live auction firearms that caught my eye was a limited edition S&W 460XVR.

S&W 460XVR

The bidding rapidly went beyond my limit for the evening, but ended just below retail value.

Another firearm in the live auction that could have gotten me into trouble was this Kimber Model 84M Classic in .338 Federal.


Kimber 84M Classic



This was another limited edition firearm, it was number 1 of 1050. Someone got a good deal on this one.

I do believe that fun was had by one and all. Good food, good people and a great time.

Friends of NRA banquets occur throughout the year, in just about every part of this country of ours. To find one near you, click here. By supporting Friends of NRA, you are supporting shooting sports locally and nation wide.


Live Auction Merchandise

No comments: