Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Kilgore homeowner fights off armed invader

This incident happened at 0700. That's 7:00 in the morning for those of you from Rio Linda.


From KLTV7 News:

By LaKecia Shockley


A would-be robber invaded an East Texas home while the homeowner fights to keep him and his son alive.

The home invasion happened in the 4500 block of FM 2204, east of Kilgore, around 7:00 this morning. Gregg County officials say an armed man entered the home in search of money, but left empty handed. Tuesday afternoon, the homeowner showed KLTV 7 LaKecia Shockley step by step how he survived his home invasion.

"I slammed him into this wall here and I think that's when we fell on the floor. I wasn't going to let go of him. I had him...I wasn't going to let go of his gun hand."

Mark Dickey is a brave and lucky man...

The Goblins are getting bolder all the time. I hope this one is caught quickly, before he has the opportunity to kill someone.

1 comment:

TexasFred said...

A good .45 auto loader, never make a move without it...

You know, it's a damned shame when you feel you have to armed in your own home but here's the deal, I refuse to become a victim.

I have carried professionally for many years, now I am retired, but ALL the skills are still there, as is that ingrained survival instinct.

I will not hesitate, my house, my wife, my gun, my RIGHT and duty to protect!

Support open carry and God Bless Texas!