Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Yet Another Right Wing Extremist

I heard this on the radio during lunch today and was hoping I could find it when I got home. Thanks to SondraK, I did.

Governor Rick Perry of Texas has joined with state legislators to push for a resolution confirming the 10th Amendment rights of states such as Texas against the encroachment of federal government power.

According to Newsroom America:

"'Millions of Texans are tired of Washington, D.C. trying to come down here to tell us how to run Texas,' Perry said in a speech supporting House Concurrent Resolution 50.

"'I believe that our federal government has become oppressive in its size, its intrusion inton the lives of our citizens, and its interference with the affairs of our state,' he continued. 'That is why I am here today to express my unwavering support for efforts all across our country to reaffirm states' rights affirmed by the Tenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

"'I believe that returning to the letter and spirit of the U.S. Constitution and its essential 10th Amendment will free our state from undue regulations, and ultimately strengthen our Union,' he said."

That's my Governor. Now that he has dropped the Trans Texas Corridor crud, he is high on my list of favorite politicians.

Rumor has it that he will be at the Arlington Tea Party at 5:30 to follow Representative Joe Barton on the pavilion stage.

Edit to add the video of Rick Perry:

Video thanks to Jason

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Rick Perry was offically confirmed for the Arlington TEA party at 5:30 by the UTA College Republicans. He will also be attending the Ft Worth TEA party, I just don't know the details about it. Next week is also the Empty Holster Protest along college campus around the country. UTA will be participating in the protest. If you have any question please feel free to contact me. tom.mcenroe@gmail.com

Mulligan said...

yay Texas !!

better late than never :)

Bob S. said...

J.R.

I'm planning on being at the Arlington Tea party this afternoon.

Looking to be there around 5:30 to 6:00.

Hopefully, you will be carrying your poster so I can spot you easily.

Hope to meet you there.

JT said...

Finally, on 3/31, my own State Rep. became a cosponsor of HCR 50! This thing just might pass - God bless Texas!