Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Not Today

Last weekend I was approached about the possibility of purchasing a gun shop located in one of the suburbs of the DFW Metroplex. It was a decent deal, I could have picked up the shop for pretty much just the cost of the inventory. The current owner had bought it thinking that all he would have to do is sit at home and collect the profits, needless to say he was mistaken.

As you can probably tell by my use of the past tense, I decided to pass this one by. A lack of operating capitol was a major factor, the location was another. Add to that the fact that I would have to rebuild a customer base and most likely have to move the store front to be successful, it was not such a great deal.

Starting from scratch, with a new name would be just as time consuming and more satisfying in my opinion.

So it will be awhile yet, but one of these days you will be able to visit Green Oaks Guns and Ammo for all your gunny needs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could just buy the inventory and sell it on bunbroker.com or some other gun auction system.