Sunday, February 01, 2009

A Party at Chez Phlegm

How to write an after action report on a party where you get to meet some of your favorite bloggers, fondle a large variety of firearms, and sample tasty treats from all over the place?

I guess the best way to get started is to just get on to it.

The Lady Phlegm Fatale hosted a bloggers get together at Chez Phlegm this past Saturday. The invitation stated:

Naturally, some of us will be showing off our favorite firing irons, and you're welcome to bring your treasures to show and tell, and I know we'll all be observant of the 4 rules. I’m kind of uptight about that because I don’t want holes blowed in my snowdome collection or extensive stacks of books I truly do intend to read one day.
It is not often that I get to choose my carry gun based on what I think folks might want to see. That decision was an easy one, I brought the Gun Blog .45. In hindsight I should have also brought my grandfather's Model 94, this was a group who would have appreciated its history.

When V and I walked up the steps to Chez Phlegm, we were greeted by the sounds of folks having a good time and a kitchen counter-top covered with handguns. We knew we had found the right place. Handguns in the kitchen, long guns in the living room, food and folks between the two. It looked to be a good time.

One interesting note. Many of us had never met "in the flesh" before, and came from a variety of backgrounds, but we were all comfortable with each other and had a great time together. We were just a bunch of folks who love our country, enjoy shooting, are politically active and deeply concerned about the future of our right to keep and bear arms.

Who all was there?

We'll start with the out of state folks first. The Ambulance Driver and Bayou Renaissance Man came in from Louisiana and the Farm Girl joined us from Colorado.

From Texas we had the pleasure of meeting the LawDog, Holly and JPG, Old NFO, AE pilot Jim, Matt G, Robert, Dock, Alan and of course Lady Phlegm Fatale.

Attending via a wireless connection were Breda and Mike.

Speaking of Breda, her famous Pig Candy was a highlight of the munchies at this little gathering. One gent went so far as to make a Pig Candy sammich by sandwiching a chocolate brownie between two pieces of pig candy.

I do believe that a good time was had by one and all. V and I enjoyed ourselves immensely and really appreciate our hostess taking the time and initiative to put this shindig together. Thank you Ma'am.

6 comments:

Robert Langham said...

Nice to meet you. Got you linked to Blackfork.
I left my old Brazilian police contract FN Highpower in the car. No camera.
Hope you have fun shooting today.
Is NO one going to blog about the Miracle of the Disappearing Lipstick?

LawDog said...

What, exactly, is "The Miracle of the Disappearing Lipstick"?

Robert Langham said...

If i could explain it, it wouldn't be a miracle, now would it? One moment it's there, the next moment....it isn't!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

now i am hungry

ps 2nd best superbowl ever behind rams vs titans

Ride Fast said...

[...] All the cool kids were invited [...]

John R said...

I don't know how I missed "The Miracle of the Disappearing Lipstick". Looks like we are going to have to do this again, soon.