Thursday, November 30, 2006

Public Service Announcement

In my post titled "Trust the Criminal", I mentioned the murder of an Arlington man named Sanal Nathan. Mr. Nathan was a citizen of India in the United States on a visa. Since posting that story, I have received several visits on the site that originated from India. Each of those visitors found my site by searching for information on Mr. Nathan. In the event that these folks may be friends or family or Mr. Nathan, I will post updates to this case as the information is available.

The original article can be found here: Arlington man shot in attempted robbery dies .

The local police do not have much of a description of the goblin to go on:

Police described the gunman as a black man in his 20s, 6-foot-3 inches to 6-foot-5 inches tall, wearing a hooded sweatshirt and dark pants.
This later article includes a photo of Mr. Nathan, but not much more information: Police ask for help in finding gunman

As of this morning, there is no real new news to report. The latest article announces that Schepps Dairy is offering a $10,000 reward and the Safe City Commission Crime Stoppers is offering an additional $1,000 for information leading to the arrest of the man who shot Mr. Nathan. You can read about it here.

If I can be of any more assistance, you can contact me through the email address listed in my profile.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks so much for thinking about sanal's relatives and friends and putting up all the information here! It's greatly appreciated

Anonymous said...

I am Sanal's Uncle V Chithranath from Chennai and brother of Commodore Nathan.

Why is the American police so inefficient in investigating cases like this ???

Its two years now ...

V Chithranath