Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Weird News

Tonight most everyone is paying attention to what is important, the elections. This means I can post lighter topics than I normally would (the previous post is a case in point).

From the Fort Worth Star Telegram we have the following:


JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A 54-year-old Orange Park man credits two small Bibles in his shirt pocket for saving his life when they stopped a bullet.

The man, whose name was withheld because his attackers are still at large, told police that two men who he didn't recognize ambushed him with a rifle as he carried bags of garbage to a trash bin. The two men fled in opposite directions and have not been arrested.

Other than a red mark and a pain in his chest, he was not injured, The Florida Times-Union reported Tuesday.

The man said he was carrying two New Testament Bibles in his shirt pocket to give to friends. Police took the Bibles as evidence.
Who needs Dragon Skin when you are protected by the Word of God?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd have to say it was a genuine miracle, as most rifle bullets will penetrate several inches of paper. And yes, I believe it to be so.

Anonymous said...

You know, I've been hearing this old story since I was a kid. A friend of mine even wrote this story into a scene in one of his screenplays 20 years ago.

Anonymous said...

I've heard it a few times over the years, too, Mudkitty. BUT...I know of one for sure and possibly a second instance where this has actually happened. Still a cool miracle...

Like the armor, too. Without the Word of God...Dragon Skin would be awesome!

John R said...

It seems that a similar story comes out of each conflict or war zone that we are involved in, but usually the AP does not report on the incidents.

And that Dragon Skin really does look like good stuff. Small Arms Review seems to like it a lot.

Anonymous said...

I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm just skeptical by nature. In fact I know it has happened, because there have been manufactuers who make "bullet proof" bible for soldiers...but that was a long time ago.

John R said...

Saw this reported on the mornings news as I was getting ready for work. Remember folks, you saw it here first.