Wednesday, February 18, 2009

An NRA Board Endorsement

One of our local NRA Election Volunteer Coordinators (EVC) contacted me and asked that I consider supporting Joseph DeBergalis in his campaign to be elected to the NRA Board of Directors.

I don't know Mr. DeBergalis so I sent him an email and asked about doing an interview. He agreed and we spoke on the phone after I got home from work.

I learned a couple of things during this interview. First I suck at phone interviews. I like to be precise when I post an individuals remarks, and my notes did not keep up with the conversation.

Second, so far as being a Second Amendment Advocate goes, my efforts pale in comparison with Joe DeBergalis'. I studied Joe's campaign web page before calling and was impressed with the sheer number of 2A groups he supports, but after talking with him I am even more impressed with the amount of work he puts into supporting our right to keep and bear arms. Seriously now, Joe is the NRA EVC for Washington D.C., now that has to be quite the task.

Joe came across to me as a man who is very committed to not only supporting, but advancing our right to keep and bear arms. Joe is also a strong advocate for nuts and bolts side of the NRA and has been involved with the Eddie Eagle program and in promoting the shooting sports.

Joe's campaign slogan is "From Black Powder to Black Rifles", an excellent slogan for this day and age.

I am going to join with Sebastian in endorsing Joseph DeBergalis for the NRA Board of Directors.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Concur... We need more like him.

Anonymous said...

It was certainly a pleasure to speak with John and want to thank all here for your vote of confidence.

Joe