Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

From "Fallen Heroes" a photo essay by Daniel J. Wood. Location: Barrancas National Cemetery, Pensacola Florida.


Mike has an excellent tribute to our fallen heroes in:


I have a flag that once flew over the USS Constitution. I do not get to fly it very often as I do not have a pole large enough to properly display it. I brought that flag out to the range with us and flew it from the center pole. I had to fly it a touch higher than half mast this morning due to the height of the pole. As the day heated up, V and I were left at the range to ourselves. The sound of that flag popping in the wind was a constant reminder of those that fought, and died, for our country.

I hope you had the opportunity to spend some time with family and friends, cook out, play, and enjoy this long weekend. I also hope that you took a moment to remember those who died so that we have the liberty to do all of the things that we do.

No comments: