Wednesday, May 21, 2008

She didn't have a nametag

Jim Shepherd, of Down Range TV, has written what may be the best piece to come out of the NRA Annual Meeting.


"Sir," she said once again, "you won't let that happen to us, will you?"

Suddenly, in the middle of a record crowd in a busy convention, something clicked.

For the first time in a long time, the whole discussion about guns and gun rights coalesced into an unvarnished truth spoken by a lady most of us would have dismissed without a second glance.

The enormity of it was nearly overwhelming It was as if someone had turned on a bright light in a pitch-black room. The accompanying rush of emotion made my spine tingle and the few hairs still on my head feel as if they at attention.

I had heard a call for help. A direct plea begging that I stop treating the Second Amendment fight like it was just another story...
This one is well worth the read.

2 comments:

TexasFred said...

WOW!! That's a pretty thought provoking piece... For ALL of us...

Anonymous said...

The enormity of that simple question stopped me in my tracks.

Stop to consider just how important each battle, and indeed the entire war to preserve our rights is right now.

I'm not going to "let that happen to us."

Never!