Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Day 1 of the 81st Texas Legislative Session is in the Books

As of this moment, there are 1070 pieces of legislation listed as being introduced in the Texas State House and Senate. I am pretty sure this is not 100% up to date as the key punchers are entering the data for the bills introduced today.

It's going to be one busy session.

Update: To view all bills introduced during this session, leave all the data fields blank and click "search" on the above linked web page.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the fact that Texas restricts the session timewise, as limiting government is always the right choice.

Problem is, there's going to be such furious filing and voting, that I wonder what's going to get in the hopper un-noticed.

Armed Texan said...

I'm betting that not one of them is for open carry. Time to fire off another letter to Ken Paxton, my state rep., and Florence Shapiro, my state senator. Paxton's a good guy, but I doubt Shapiro would even give me the time of day.

John R said...

None of the major firearms bills that we are expecting have been posted as of a couple of minutes ago.

Several minor bills were introduced early, HB 140 - Relating to the use or display under certain circumstances of an expired license to carry a concealed handgun, being one of them. This bill basically states that if the State is delayed in getting your CHL renewed, you can still carry under your expired CHL.

I am keeping an eye out for the major action and will post updates as I get information.