Monday, January 05, 2009

We Have a Little Bit of Ice Hanging on the Trees

So my house is without power. My piece of Arlington looses will lose power at the slightest excuse. It has gotten better over the past few years, but here we are again, no lights and no heat. TXU indicates that it will be 11:00 before we get power back.

I'm sitting at Starbucks waiting for V to get off work so we can go out to dinner. I have a catalytic heater if the power is not back on by the time we get home, and plenty of emergency lighting so that is not a problem. We could have ate dinner at home, but this is a good excuse to go out.

Let's see if I can get a worthwhile post in before V gets off work.

Update: The power came back on sometime between 0300 and 0430. I had hot water for my shower at 0450. We lit enough candles to read by, opened a bottle of champagne, and used the catalytic heater to keep the Master Bedroom nice and cozy through the night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that Arlington looses power. That can be very dangerous, having electricity running wild in the streets, as children might be killed!

Up here, when we have have a bad storm, we occasionally LOSE power, but that's the extent of it.

Ride Fast said...

It seems to me power outages are getting more common. Last winter we were down for days at a time. Good luck.

Julie said...

I live on the opposite side of the world (an outer suburb of Perth, Western Australia) and we lose power at the drop of a hat - so sympathy!

We do have a generator set up to back-feed the lights etc.

Jessie said...

This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post.louboutin Replica