Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Update on Sanal Nathan Murder Case

For those of you new to this blog, Sanal Nathan is a man who was murdered on Monday, the 27th of November. I commented on this act in an earlier post and then noticed that quite a few people from India at first, then from around the world came to this site looking for information on what happened. I then offered to post updates on this case as information became available. For a bit of background, go here.

There has been some new information released today. As reported in The Star Telegram:




ARLINGTON — The reward for information about the death of a former 26-year-old former University of Texas at Arlington student killed during an attempted robbery Nov. 27 has gone from $11,000 to $21,000, Arlington police said Tuesday.

Sanal Nathan was killed by a man who attempted to rob Nathan and his fiancé in the parking lot of the Woodwind Apartments at 1605 S. Cooper Street, police said.

The shooter was described as a very tall African-American male who wore a dark hooded sweatshirt. Shortly after the shooting, Schepps Dairy put up a $10,000 reward for information that helped identify the killer. The Safe City Crime Stoppers put up $1,000.

American Leather, Nathan’s former employer, has added $10,000 to the fund.
The rewards posted by Schepps Dairy have been very successful in the past, the additional $10,000 offered by American Leather can only help.

I have also learned from the India news services that Sanal Nathan was the son of Commodore Ravindranathan, Deputy Director General (Navy) NCC, in Delhi, his mother (Valsala) teaches in a Navy school and his sister Sowmya is a medical student. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, it is hard to imagine losing a child in a foreign land.

I will continue to post updates as they become available.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a current student of UTA and I was shocked to learn about his news on dec 11th from a flyer in the front door of a chinese take out near school! I know Sanal personally, we worked in school Cafeteria along with his Fiance. I was so shocked i couldnt move for a minute, crime rate here in Arlington is rising and there is always reports of mugging. The place where he lives isnt far from school either. I am shocked beyond words, he is in my prayers..

John R said...

I am continuing to check the local news several times each day for new information. I also have feelers out in the Arlington Police Department for updates. If there is anything else I can do for friends or family, my email address is in my profile