Thursday, September 18, 2008

An Evening at the Gallery

V and I are attending the opening of Samuel Lynne Galleries this evening. We were invited by one of our favorite artists, Gregory Beck, and are really looking forward to this opening. It has been awhile since we have had the opportunity to talk with Gregory, and meeting new artist's (new to us) is always fun.

A love of art is one of the many things that V and I share together as a couple and we have acquired a nice little collection of interesting art for the house. I used to buy "investment" art, but after getting burned on a Salvidor Dali forgery, I stopped worrying about the potential investment potential and now only purchase art that we really appreciate.

Update: The gallery opening was a great time. It seems that this was the place to be for the DFW "A" list on a Thursday night. Philip J. Romano and JD Miller did an outstanding job of introducing their new gallery to those of us who appreciate fine art. V and I now have a new regular stop when we are on the Dallas side of the Metroplex. Let me know if you are interested in a more in depth comment on the evening.

No comments: