Sunday, October 21, 2007

Day at the Range

Today was the monthly .22 rifle long range silhouette match out at the range. It was a good day for a match. Sunny, in the '80's, and gusting wind. The wind was swirling and making a mess of things if you were not patient. I was paired with a great spotter who kept me out of the gusts and kept me focused. I shot my best match ever and moved up a classification. Have I mentioned how much I enjoy knocking down rams at 200 meters with a .22?

Silhouette Targets

These matches are based on the Black Powder Cartridge Rifle Silhouette matches. The match consists of shooting at steel silhouette chickens at 80 meters, pigs at 120 meters, turkeys at 154 meters and rams way out there at 200 meters. Chickens are shot in the standing off-hand position. All other animals may be shot from a prone or sitting position with the aid of cross sticks. The targets (and the ranges) are 2/5th scale of the BPCR Silhouette Matches.

If you are at all interested in competing in one of these matches, let me know. They are a lot of fun and you will meet some great people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Classification move - nice shootin'!

Sorry I missed it (I got called down to Houston) - maybe I can make the next one.