Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A Busy Week

It has been busy-busy at Casa JR.

Worked a long day on Saturday, and prepared the yard for Winter on Sunday. Having to work late on Saturday put me a bit behind on all the little jobs I need to get done before dinner tomorrow.

Speaking of dinner tomorrow, I'll be cooking the turkey in my pit. I was going to smoke it, but the weather report calls for 25mph+ winds and cold all day. Hard to maintain 200°F in those conditions, so I am going to roast it. That is the nice thing about the pit, smoking or roasting is determined by the amount of coals and changing from one to the other is easy.

For the wine, I am offering a veritable smorgasbord. We will start with a
Beaujolais Nouveau, just because. With dinner I have a Pinot Noir, an Old Vine Zinfandel, and a White Meritage style wine. For dessert, I have not yet decided on a White Port or an Ice Wine. I take care of the turkey and the wine, V and eldest daughter take care of everything else. It seems to work out well.

We are also having a guest from Japan at dinner this year. The company I work for is Japanese owned, and the owner sent a senior executive over from Japan to "help" us become more profitable. He is the senior manager at the facility. I was pleasantly surprised when he accepted my invitation to dinner, and have been scouring the internet to learn about Japanese dining etiquette to help make him comfortable in Casa JR. Between that, and chores, and trying to keep up on DC v Heller, my blogging has slipped at bit. My apologies.

Hopefully I will get our guest out to the gun show this weekend, followed up with a range trip or three. Now that will be quite the new shooter report.

2 comments:

the pistolero said...

There's a LOT of wines that I haven't tried, though I do like cabernet and pinot noir. Interesting that you're a wine connossieur, though, JR. One more point against the stereotype of us as knuckle-dragging rednecks. Cool. You oughta blog about your musical tastes. I'd be interested in those.

sweettness said...

Hey JR.. :) Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!! Say hi to all and best holiday wishes to you all!!