Saturday, August 02, 2008

Back in Business

It only took Blogger around 32 hours to determine that "A Keyboard and a .45" is not a spam blog.

For those of you who get these posts via a feed, Blogger had locked me out. My first email of Friday morning was from Blogger:

Hello,

Your blog at: http://akeyboardanda45.blogspot.com/ has been identified as a potential spam blog. To correct this, please request a review by filling out the form at http://www.blogger.com/unlock-blog.g?lockedBlogID=*

Your blog will be deleted within 20 days if it isn't reviewed, and you'll be unable to publish posts during this time...
I thought this was a phishing email, until I tried to access the blog.

This was Friday morning. Friday evening I could hardly read my favorite blogs as IE kept crashing as it was loading pages.

I would get this error message:


It turns out that Site Meter has done an upgrade that doesn't play well with IE. I have removed Site Meter until at least Monday to give them a chance to get all the bugs out.

All seems to be well now.

US Citizen of Traction Control fame has offered to host "A Keyboard and a .45" in WordPress format. I am very tempted to make the move, just a bit leery about the transfer from Blogger to WordPress. I would hate to lose any information, and I do have a couple older posts that are popular with search engines that I feel are worthwhile to keep at this address.

We'll see. For the time being I am staying put, unless I change my mind.



6 comments:

TexasFred said...

Site Meter IS back in business...

John R said...

Thanks Fred, and thank for the initial heads up.

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it back. I'll leave the test site up for a few days if you want to give a test run.

Login and click "Manage" and "Import" to copy all the Blogger stuff to WordPress.

I've recreated your sidebar (except for one Google Ad that would not behave) and the ad on the footer.

The Freeholder said...

Blogger did this to me as well some moons ago. I think what tagged me was a silly propensity to take this hypertext thing seriously and link to all sorts of other places on the web. I guess someone didn't clue their robot in on how the WWW works....

Fits said...

Whoo hoo. Welcome back. For the first time EVER I wasn't included in an internet snafu as we've been using Firefox for quite a while.

Ride Fast said...

Traction Control offered me a domain also (he really is a nice guy).

I pretty much said "We'll see. For the time being I am staying put, unless I change my mind" too.