Thursday, July 10, 2008

Pistol in the Park

Maybe it is because I carry my pistol inside my waistband, or maybe it is that my alloy frame Kimber is extra heavy loaded with 9 rounds of 230 gr. Federal HST's, maybe I just pay attention. I can not imagine misplacing my firearm, and not knowing that I had misplaced it for several hours.

But then again, I'm not an "only one".

From KEYE 42:

With Judy Maggio and Ron Oliveira


Keith Elkins also covers this incident with "Mother, Children Find Officer's Loaded Gun In Park".

So what do you think the reaction would have been had it been a CHL holders firearm found in that park?

Thanks to Tony 3 Dogs for the heads up on this story.

Also commenting is David with "We're the Only Ones Parking Our Pieces Enough".

eta: Rustmeister chims in with "The "Only Ones"... "

4 comments:

the pistolero said...

And then there's the fact that you bought your Kimber with your own money. The taxpayers more than likely paid for the officer's gun.

TexasFred said...

I've lost weight, I lost my virginity, I have, on occasion, lost my mind, but I have NEVER lost my pistol...

John R said...

Now Fred, that is one of the better comments I've gotten.

Tam said...

They need to make the penalty for this something that will ensure the officer won't make the same mistake again. I'm thinking about something that involves stools and corners and dunce caps.