Monday, July 14, 2008

Optic fantasies

Robb has posted about his lust affair with a Trijicon ACOG in "Now why did I go and do that?" From his description (and the price tag) I'd say his optic wet dream is the TA11-3.5x35, nice. Robb's got nice taste.

A couple dealers at the local gun shows sell a Trijicon that has been calling my name since it first came out. The RX01-10: Trijicon® Reflex RX01-10 – 6.5 MOA Amber Dot with M16 Handle Mount is just what the doctor ordered for my Mixmaster Dissipator.

Reflex RX01-10 – 6.5 MOA Amber Dot with M16 Handle Mount


Each show brings me closer to taking one of these home with me.

This is how it looks mounted:

Colt AR-15A2 HBAR with Trijicon Reflex II installed using the RX10 carry handle mount.

The above image is from UltiMAK

One of these days...

4 comments:

catfish said...

Careful with that one....

If you're shooting from a well lit area into a dark area or vice versa, you've got a hard time picking up the dot...

If I had to pick, I'd got with an EO Tech or Aimpoint, but that's just me. ;)

John R said...

Now you tell me.

Maybe someone will overbid me on that EBAY auction that I found right after publishing this post.

Anonymous said...

We have a few of those on my Anti-Terror Team. The guys that use them swear by them.

DoubleTapper
DoubleTapper@gmail.com
DoubleTapper, blogging on Guns Politics Defense from Israel

catfish said...

I'm sure it'll turn out OK, JR!

They are pretty cool sights, with the only weakness really being the light to dark thing....

Once upon a time the coolest thing about 'em was that you never had to turn it on/off - with the newer Aimpoints and batteries claming they can be left on for years an Aimpoint would probably be my choice if I had to pick now, but even so, I'm sure you would be well served by the one on Ebay. ;)