Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Last year I Live Blogged the Turkey as it was slowly cooked to perfection in my pit. This year we are at the oldest daughter's house in Little Elm, and the turkey is going in the roaster.

We have lots of things to be thankful for this year; a healthy extended family, good friends, jobs that pay the bills, and living in these United States.

I am very thankful for my life with V, she is my favorite person in the world and waking next to her each day is a blessing.

I am also thankful for all of you folks who read this blog. Some time in the past week or so the blog received more hits than I have miles on my '02 pick 'em up truck. That is pretty cool.

I appreciate your readership, your comments and your thoughtful emails.

Happy Thanksgiving y'all.

If you email images of your Thanksgiving spread, I'll post them later this afternoon.

4 comments:

Bob S. said...

J.R.

Thanks for writing and allowing us to share in your thoughts & words.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Prayers and good wishes on this beautiful day

Ride Fast said...

And Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, gracious sir.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

blessings to u and the fam folk be safe
im heading to gun show (again) this weekend

Anonymous said...

dittos three fold.