Friday, October 24, 2008

The Cold and Flu Season Has Arrived

A cold that has been creeping up on me all week decided today was the day to come on strong. I got everyone lined out for the day and headed back to the house.

I had the day to myself here at Casa JR so I figured it would be a good time to detail clean some of my guns. I figured wrong. When your head is throbbing, nose is running and sinuses are burning, Hoppe's #9 is not the best vapor to be breathing in.

I did get one pistol done.

I most likely will not be knocking on doors tomorrow either, I don't want to "spread the wealth" as it were.

Last weekends neighborhood walk was very successful. 36 volunteers showed up to support Representative Zedler and we contacted over 3500 homes. The campaign is looking to contact at least that many homes again this weekend. Bill Zedler's opponent may have all the out of town money, but he does not have the ground game. It will be very interesting to see the turnout in District 96 this year.

1 comment:

Welshman said...

Hope you feel better soon, JR. Saying a prayer for you...